Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A few simple things...

A few simple things I’ve been working on for the craft bazzar.

I love covering these little shaker boxes. I prefer ribbon, but paper works just as well.

I saw the idea a few years ago in “Living” and have made them ever since.

Sometimes I fill them with homemade treats for teacher’s gifts or give them as tree ornaments.

Thought I’d make a few with some non- traditional x-mas colors and a more masculine bent for the craft fair.

I also like to color and decorate the insides with paper and ribbon.

Some of the first cards I ever made where these little gift tags.

I think the little penguins might be old Debbie Mum stickers…I’ve had them for a long time.

I just added ribbon and mittens from a package of “Dress it up” holiday buttons.

Recently, I’ve taken to drawing my own creations in MS Word Art.

This was drawn using the freeform line art in MS Word. I just added some flowers I punched out of cardstock.

Original drawing by joshuajiraffe designs

One day I might like to try and turn these drawings into rubber stamps.

Another card I made using another one of my own freeform creations drawn and colored in Word Art.

Original drawings by joshuajiraffe designs

The penguin and tree are from a package of “Dress it up” buttons.

This last card was made using some MS stamps and more “Dress it up” buttons.

Thanks for stopping by…


Dawn said...

wonderful work here JJ.... love the shorts and tee-shirt card... would be great for a NZ christmas ( minus the snow!!!) - if we ever get any summer... very slow coming to Auckland. Anyway loving the boxes and cards and tags. Hope the craft fair goes well

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Fun fun fun!!! I love your shaker boxes... gorgeous!