Saturday, October 18, 2008

Caardvark Challange

So…I’ve wanted a scoring tool for some time now, but just haven’t gotten around to it yet. So I’m excited about this Caardvark challenge…although my card (and scoring) is very simple.

The idea for this card came from a book, A Creepy Countdown, by Charlotte Huck, which belongs to my son. He’s outgrown it so I now put it to good use in my pre-school classroom. After reading the book to the children, I asked the art teacher to help create an art project based on the book and she came up with this great math and sorting idea where the children color and paste the various Halloween Ghoulies (that she drew) from the book onto construction paper. I thought it was a great idea and could be adapted to make a fun Halloween card, which is pictured below. I’m not good at photo taking…thus too many photos.

The background papers are by Paper Pizazz and DieCuts With a View. The stamped images are by Martha Stewart, except for the ghost, which is from a foam set I bought last year at Michaels or AC Moore. I used the Matura MT Script to type the words. I had a lot of fun making this card!






1 comment:

SmilynStef said...

I love that your fabulous scored project incorporates learning to count and sort ... wonderful!