Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Halloween Invite

I love Halloween and love to celebrate the day. So we’ve invited friends to a post-Halloween dinner party on November 1. I spied a really great party invitation kit by Martha Stewart at Michaels (black cardstock, white lettering, spooky-looking stamped envelopes), but I prefer to send out invites that I’ve hand crafted. So…I played with the concept and incorporated her embellishments. My headstone is wobbly and kind of goofy looking, but I like it. It’s hand-drawn using auto-shapes in Microsoft Word and using the Mael, Blackletter and Blackladder fonts.



The backside was created in a text box using the Mael font and several quotes I got off the Internet (although I think the “ghoul back to us” might be mine, but I can’t be sure.) The bat and spider web are die-cut from MS punches and the glitter sticker on the envelope front is also also by MS, which I got on sale! All-in-all, my invites may have cost the same --- or a bit more ---as MS’s kit, which was also on sale, but they’re my hand-made creations, which gives me little twitches of joy!


Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love them! You drew the headstone?-It looks so cool! What great invites!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Welcome back to the world of blogging! I saw that you have been gone a while.

p said...

cool invitations.

make your own invitations
.
.