Monday, April 6, 2009

Bar Mitzvah Invitation…

Our best friends’ son will become a Bar Mitzvah this coming June. His mom has asked “moi” to make his Bar Mitzvah invites. What sweet friends! So I’m currently working on the invites and reply cards. Later I'll work with her on the name place cards, the program and any little hostess gift boxes, etc.

Fortunately, it’s a small group of invitees (30 or so) so it’s still fun making the cards. Thought I would show you what she’s decided on and how it evolved….

This is a photo of the invite. There's a little torn piece of paper covering up the rest of our young friend's name.

View of the inside, which I again covered up personal information with some plan cardstock and

on this view I used the silk flowers as a cover up.


The navy cardstock is Deep Blue Sea by The Paper Company and the gray cardstock is by Die Cuts With a View. The field paper is Lux White from the Paper Source. I found the Star of David buttons at G Street Fabrics here in Northern, Virginia but I know they can be found online. Everything was printed on my computer in Microsoft Word.

This was how it all started with this 'save the date card' sample I gave to her and which she chose to use as the invite...only larger.

Thanks for stopping by...

No comments: