Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Double Challenge (Kitchen Sink & Caardvarks)

While admiring several cards submitted for Dawn McVey’s recent Raspberry Suite Challenge, I came across Courtney Baker’s site, “One day at a time” and this challenge

where we’re asked to use something from the (junk) mail on our cards or scrapbook pages.

I absolutely love this idea since I “try” to recycle as much as possible.

I was a tad bummed because nothing (or so I thought) workable came in yesterday’s mail and our mailperson doesn’t arrive until after 1:00 PM.

tick…tock…tick…tock…

So…while running around the house doing chores, I came across this….



I immediately saw the possibilities and this is what I came up with…


I'm thinking it might also work for the ‘Take a Bow” challenge over at Caardvarks where we’re challenged “to use ribbon in some wonderful way!”

Two challenges in one...makes me smile!

Card Deets:
Fall Sale Postcard (Chicos)
Fun Dots (Offray Ribbon)
Pumpkin Halloween Ribbon (Michaels)
Fall Plywood Pumpkins by Harvest Crafts (Hobby Lobby)
Raffia

Thanks for looking…

19 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

What a great idea! It looks great! Thank you so much for playing along!

Dawn T said...

Looks great JJ. Love the rich colour and how you managed just to use the word FALL. Clever recycling

SmilynStef said...

Aren't you clever ... I love how you incorporated the word from the post card into your design ... and what a fun way to feature ribbon.

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is great! Very creative!! Thanks for playing along with the challenge!! :)

Winter said...

So pretty! Great for Fall! Thanks for playing with us in the challenge! :)

Jessica said...

You are so creative!!! Great way to use that ad ;)

Unknown said...

Wonderful! What a great way to recycle!

Elise said...

Oh, oh, oh! You ARE a clever girl! This is such fun! {I love THIS new challenge ~ such a timely idea!} You, obviously ROCKED this, m'dear!

lauren bergold said...

omg! you are just TOO CLEVER! i got that p/c too...& i'm ashamed to say it didn't "speak" to me at all except to say, "clothes on sale"!!! this is FABULOUS & brilliant & soooo fun!!!

Unknown said...

very, very cool and creative, I can't find anything in my mail to use!! great job

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Awesome card!!!! I love the way your mind works:)

Super job!

Kelly Booth said...

Love this!!

Nathalia Castellon said...

When you are given a challenge you surely rise to the occasion! So brilliant to use the sale flyer as your card front and oh, yeah, the raffia and pumpkin trim is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Great card! Love that pumpkin!

Daniela Dobson said...

I love that pumpkin ribbon. Awesome creation.

dstandard said...

Fabulous card!

Ann said...

Super cute! Thanks for playing along with us Kitchen Sink girls! :D

~kelly marie~ said...

This is gorgeous! I love they way you used the postcard flyer! Thank you so much for playing along with us!

Amy C said...

Wonderful...I love the colors.