Saturday, October 10, 2009

HA Paper Piecing challenge

I’ve said this before (and I seriously need to alter the situation so I don’t have to repeat it again), but I don’t have many Hero Arts Stamps. In particular, I don’t have many that are conducive to paper piecing.

So I used this one (Five Big Candles), which I really, really like…



I’m not sure if this qualifies as paper piecing, but…



I decided to follow the color scheme on the front of the stamp and stamped each candle onto a different color of cardstock. The flames were all stamped onto yellow cardstock.

I added brads and sprinkles and these little wire thingies I bought at AC Moore when I still lived in Virginia and had all these craft stores available to me…sigh!

I also added a piece of lovely purple and lime polka dot ribbon by Basic Basic that I love, but otherwise, I decided to kept it very simple.

Thanks for stopping by…

2 comments:

Dawn T said...

It is a great piece of paper piecing JJ. Love the bright colours you chose.

LeAnne said...

WOW, what a fun card! I think you did an awesome job on this, LOVE that ribbon!
Thanks for visiting my blog, too!