Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Blogging...a lot like exercising

I had a few doctors’ appointments before the holidays and got into conversations about my exercise…or current lack of…routine and what it would take for me to keep up with my daily regime.

Later that evening, I got to thinking about how long it had been since I last wrote a blog entry and realized...trying to maintain a daily blog is a lot like trying to maintain a daily exercise regime!

I’m committed…really into it…on a roll…working towards a goal and getting in great shape. Then bam! Something rolls around and knocks me off schedule and it takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r to get back on track.

So one of my goals for this New Year is to try and maintain my routine(s), even as life throws the occasional curve-ball or tries to up-end me or knock me off balance.

I also need to strive to be more flexible and forgiving of when I do get off schedule…otherwise disappointment, frustration and self-pity can creep in leaving me to accomplish less and less while time marches on.

So we’ll see how it goes.

Happy New Year!

No comments: