Wednesday, January 7, 2009

No card today...just a thoughtful sentiment that describes how I feel about crafting

When I first saw this quote in the June/July 2006 issue of Paper Crafts magazine, I thought... "This is so me!" I pinned it to my bulletin board because it describes to a “T” exactly how I feel when I create and give something hand crafted. I sometimes worry and wonder…"Where’s the value in my little creations? Am I wasting time that could be used for something more meaningful?” But I love crafting...it's my relaxation...it de-stresses me...it brings me so much pleasure. So on I’ll go...to continue to enjoy myself and to create and feel...

When I give a gift I made myself
First I feel proud, excited
And thoughtful

Then I feel embarrassed
And silly

And then I feel like I’ve given
The best present
I could give…
A part of me…

And then…I feel
embarrassed again.

Alicia Hamilton (Paper Crafts)

No comments: