Sunday, January 4, 2009

Got Paper!

(A post written before the holidays)

I’ve been waiting for some paper to become available from the Paper Source. Today I finally got my hands on it! In particular, I’ve been waiting for this taxi paper so that I could make this card.
I’m a Chicago native and this paper so reminds me of the Windy City. I first spied this paper last year on the PS website. I wasn’t able to get my hands on it, so I printed a copy off their website and created the card below. I submitted to our local PS for their annual holiday card but alas, I did not win (but I was one of the winners the previous year! ) I tweaked this year's version by adding a layer of white cardstock for snow on the road and the trees. The paper is so much nicer in real life. Inisde, the card starts out…

Star Bright, Car Light,
The first light you see tonight...

(card I created last year using copy of downloaded paper)

This next card is a re-make of a card I showed earlier using one of my favorite penguin stamps by Dawn Houser for Inkadinkado. This time I used ‘Black Modern Dots’ paper from the PS for the background and turned it into a Hanukkah card with a sentiment from the Papertrey Ink Mazel Tov” set, which I just got. The Star of David die cut is also from the Paper Source.

This third card uses two papers from the Paper Source…the Black Modern Dots and some sky blue paper covered white polar bears. I cut and glued a section of the polar bear paper onto white cardstock and then cut out the bear images.

This last card was created for my father-in-law using Papertrey Ink’s Mazel Tov set. I made gold Gelt using a small circle punch. I hope to use the Mazel Tov set quite a bit this next year.
Thanks for looking.

No comments: