Thursday, September 24, 2009

Caardvarks Sketch Challenge #5

So yesterday I finally jumped in and entered my first challenge in some time.

Today, I figured I’d stay the course and enter another Caarvarks challenge with this sketch designed by Heidi Van Laar...

This sketch said “Christmas” to me. Unfortunately, most of my Christmas ephemera and embellies are patiently waiting (somewhere as yet unbeknownst to me) in a box in the lower level of my new home.

This sketch said “Christmas” to me. Unfortunately, most of my Christmas ephemera and embellies are patiently waiting (somewhere as yet unbeknownst to me) in a box in the lower level of my new home.

So I went with my other most favorite theme…Halloween!

This card isn’t anything like what I started with, but I think we all know how that goes…

Not sure if this meets the specifications of Heidi’s sketch…

The “Boo” is actually the cardboard packaging from a Wilton Cookie cutter. I was going to trace the cookie cutter onto cardstock, cut it out and embellish, when I thought…”Hey. Why not just use the packaging since it’s so colorful?”

I also figured “Boo” could serve a dual purpose…the curved shape and the greeting.

I usually like to finish the inside of my cards, as I did here...


Thanks Caardvarks, and Heidi, for another great challenge…and for helping to get me back on the horse.

5 comments:

itsallrosi said...

this is super fun!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Yeah!!!!!! So good to see you back in 'action':)

Love it, darlin'!!!

dstandard said...

So adorable - love this!

lauren bergold said...

wow! what a fabulously fun and clever card! (MAGNIFICENT use of the recycled "BOO"!!!!!) :)

Nathalia Castellon said...

Oh wow! Great idea to recycle because your card is just wonderful bold and bright! Love it!