Friday, March 6, 2009

For the love of fabric…

Some new and old fabrics I hope to incorporate into my card creations this next week.

I adore fabric...and l love using it to create cards, among other things. It's all my mom’s fault. My brothers and I had to spend hours waiting for her in the fabric departments, which old department stores (i.e., Carson Pierre Scott and Marshall Fields) had once upon a time. I guess all that hanging around fabrics got to me...as it did my younger brother. He uses swaths of fabrics to decorate, wrap gifts, etc. Thanks, Mom!

I’m taking a sewing class (for beginners) with a friend. Funny: I now have to pay for something that my mom tried to give me for free!

Did a bit of shopping after class. Sigh...no more Deb Strain’s “Lotta Latte” (Modafabrics) that I used in my Kraft card creation the other day. Bummer! I love that design. But I found this piece
(and then cut these out after attaching fusible webbing)...

and this…

Hoping to have time to play with these over the weekend.

Hope you have a great Friday!

No comments: